What are you seeking?
What if by seeking one thing you would be made whole?
What if the reason for much of the frustration and pain in your life could be just a matter of where you look?
I love the way this is written in the NIV so let me write this out:
“I have the right to do anything,” you say- but not everything is beneficial.”I have the right to do anything”- but not everything is constructive. No one should seek their own good but the good of others.” – 1 Corinthians 10:23-24
The early church was well aware of grace and that they lived under grace and NOT the law. In fact if you look at many parts of the letters to the churches they are about telling the churches to think about actions because some are not beneficial.
Were they unlawful?
Only if you are under the law, I am not, I am under grace and that is what many of my articles here are about for a very simple reason- Grace is real and its what Jesus came here to set up. On top of that I have buried friends and was almost a casualty myself of legalism.
Why is legalism so bad and anti-Christ?
1) It sets you up for failure as the law never made anyone perfect.
2) It sets you up to be a judge and that job belongs to only One and neither you nor I are that One.
3) It causes you to either get conceited (Hey look how good I am) which is the opposite of denying the self or it causes guilt and shame as you cant keep it.
4) It forces you to focus on self and “doing” instead of others and “loving.”
5) It gives you a false god to follow. Instead of “God is Love” you have god is fear. Did I sin? Oh God is going to punish me.
6) It creates a reason for you to seek pain relievers like drugs, alcohol, money, sex, power, etc- to take your mind off of what you will never be able to attain- righteousness on your own.
7) It says Jesus wasnt enough. Jesus is the reason we are under grace. The Good News of the gospel is Jesus sacrificed Himself so your sins are paid for all you have to do is accept what He did for you.
What if instead we followed Grace?
“No one would seek their own good but the good of others.”
“Love one another and thus fulfill the law and the prophets.”
Would you like to heal your hurt and frustration?
Think about this if grace is real and grace says, “Love God and Love others and this fulfills everything” think about what a wonderful world it would be if everyone did that. Wouldn’t it be almost like heaven on earth?;-)
Have a Grace-Full day!