What made “the wise men” “wise men” and would the wisdom they followed be any more accepted today than it was then?
One of the greatest ways to tell the difference between religion and Grace is the acceptance of mystery or mystics. The “wise men” were “wise” because they were mystics and due to that they would do crazy things like follow stars and know if rulers wanted to kill them.
So what does it mean to be a mystic and accept The Divine as Mystery:
- It means you are willing to stay uncomfortable with most of what you believe.
- It means having a greater acceptance of those around you and those that enter your life.
- It means resting (having Faith) in the unseen and unknown because of an deep belief that The Divine Is Perfect Love.
- It means leaving the idea of morality police for being a light of love, hope and peace for all those around.
- It means having “peace that passes all understanding” because of a faith in a greater love and hope.
- It means believing that The Divine is in control and that because The Divine is Perfect Love All things will work together to create greater love and hope.
The road of the mystic is not an easy one but it is a necessary one in order to see Grace.
“For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.” Matthew 2:2
Would you like to explore ways to see “His star”? Check out the links below: