What was the big change?
What is Spirit and truth?
Where does salvation come from?
“You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” – John 4:22-24
God is spirit and Jesus changed everything by changing the way we worship Him!
Before Christ worship was Jewish sacrifice and guilt and shame that brought people to a point of making an offering to God so that He would find them acceptable.
Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice for all time – once and for all, for all time.
Most Christians would agree on that but here is the sticking point that they get stuck on- because of Christ the depth of His Love means that the law is no longer valid in the life of someone who has believed on the name of the Son of God. This is why we now worship in “Spirit and in truth” because we no longer worship through law and sacrifice.
Here is a checklist of worship or relationship to God:
1) One seeks constant forgiveness one Thanks God that all has been forgiven!
2) One seeks constant approval the other rest in Gods permanent approval that was granted upon accepting Christ!
3) One seeks to judge and correct others the other seeks ways to Love them!
4) One seeks to become more righteous by what they do and do not do the other rest in the knowledge that the only thing righteous about them is Him!
5) One seeks convert others to their way of thinking the other just Loves them!
The choice is yours on how you will worship Him but I can tell you from personal experience the outcome is night and day. I can also tell you from many years of pain and anguish that only one path is an easy burden and a light load.