Little jesus on the discount rack!
“And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” – Luke 22:19
The Gift that Christ gave is insanely discounted by the vast majority of people calling themselves Christians today! This discounting is hurting that person and all who see the ineptness of the little jesus!
To worship little jesus is to never understand and grasp the Gift of the cross and its meaning. To worship little jesus is to set yourself up as one that would make up for what He was according to you so inadequate to complete with His death, burial and resurrection.
If there is anything other than Love that you think makes a person like Christ – then you are following little jesus of the discount rack!
How to spot little jesus of the discount rack:
1) They “feel” closer to God only after they have “done” something or performed some act.
2) They never feel as if they have “done” enough.
3) They feel better than others who “do” bad things and they know certain people will never be forgiven.
4) They have a scripted response usually the exact words they heard in church to most everything and if they don’t understand they have a pat answer like, “I will pray about it.”
5) They have all the answers but they don’t get the questions.
These are not the only signs of little jesus followers but it gives you an idea of what this looks like – in simple terms its jesus in a can on sale with an expiration date on the discount rack!
How do we break that cycle in ourselves and help others heal from this little jesus?
Take a look at the next installment of “little jesus” – only on BeGraceFull.com!