How are you connected?
Who did it?
“For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.” – Colossians 1:19-20
Peace came at a price and that price was His blood!
While many people say this they also believe that they have to add to His blood to have peace – this is the biggest cause of guilt and shame in people who think they follow Christ.
Once I recognized my need for Him and accepted that fact (repentance) I was connected to God Almighty (reconciliation) through what Jesus had done (His blood)- NOT from what I do.
His blood and that reconciliation is the start of a journey. The journey is not about the checklist or about how I perform- it’s about creating a heart of a lover inside of me like Jesus has.
Peace that comes through His blood is:
1) Thank-Full- You realize you could never have that peace on your own.
2) Accepting- You know that all things, moments and people in your life are connected to Him.
3) Learning- You grow in Love and Wisdom as you listen to Him which keeps you humble.
4) Loving- You accept others as you know that He is at work in each person and moment.
Peace that comes from your effort:
1) Creates shame as you will continue to fail- No one can keep the law.
2) Creates anger and distance towards people not living in line with your view of the law.
3) Creates depression as the anger is turned inward and the shame collapses in on you.
4) Creates levels of holiness- no one is holy no not one.
5) Creates a never ending hamster on a wheel cycle seeking acceptance.
Only one peace passes all understanding- but the real question is:
Which Peace do you have?