How does religion kill you?
Why does religion suck the Spirit right out of you?
How can you be spiritual and not religious?
Which covenant are you under?
Vs. 15 “For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.”
If you will read the first part of Hebrews 9 you will see exactly why religion sucks! Its rule based structure and ceremonies that mean nothing. Remember Christ said He wants mercy NOT sacrifice! (Matthew 9:13)
Religion will never meet the hunger you have just like money won’t- both are nothing more than temporary band aids for a soul that needs a permanent solution.
There are two covenants or contracts with God mentioned here- which one are you under?
One makes you exhausted the other makes you holy as He was Holy. One makes you feel shame and guilt the other creates in you a light of Love from Above that shines through you. One makes you follow a prescribed way of “doing” and thinking, the other causes you to grow as you let go of being judgmental and accept every moment as a gift from God to grow faith.
How do you know if you are religion based or spirit based?
1) Religion has to defend, Spirit seeks meekness
2) Religion uses force, Spirit seeks to comfort
3) Religion seeks converts, Spirit seeks Love
4) Religion is about conformity, Spirit is about acceptance
5) Religion seeks more, Spirit seeks less
6) Religion takes offense, Spirit just smiles
7) Religion performs judgment, Spirit helps heal pain
8) Religion has commands, Spirit understands
9) Religion is about control, Spirit is about Freedom
10) Religion is about looks, Spirit is about Grace
Which covenant defines the path you are on today?
Don’t worry- Be Grace-Full!!