Which Jesus “should” we believe in?
Why is it that the only right way is your way?
What if you are wrong?
“So if God gave them the same gift he gave us who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could stand in God’s way?” When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, “So then, even to Gentiles God has granted repentance that leads to life.”’ – Acts 11: 17-18
Even in the early church there was extreme disagreement among the believers as to who Jesus actually was. So who are you to be right? Who am I to say I have a lock on who He is and what He is about?
Who are we to say that a person can’t be this way or that way and still be alignment with God?
After all do we have any proof that the tax collectors stopped cheating after they met Jesus?
We know that Zachaeus paid back what he had stolen but what about future tax payers?
What about the woman caught in the very act of adultery one of the real biggies – top 10 – was she able to “go and sin no more”?
How could this be?
Think about this question: What is sin?
If you said “breaking the law” you are 100% correct – but as a new creation in Christ aren’t we “no longer under the law” aren’t we “free from the curse of the law” aren’t we “not under the law but under grace”?
Here is an idea for which Jesus to follow – How about we follow the Jesus that:
1) Sets us free- “You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free!”
2) Loves you more than anyone ever could- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
3) Didn’t come to condemn you- “For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”
4) Liked to hang out with sinners- “a friend to tax collectors and sinners.”
5) Forgave everyone including those killing Him- “Father forgive them for they know not what they do.”
Chances are this isn’t the Jesus that you heard about in church. Chances are this isn’t the Jesus that was ramrodded down your throat. But the real question is:
Which one will you believe in?