What is a healing mind?
Please read Romans 15:5-6
Vs. 5 “May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
There is a mind talked about here and it’s not mine or yours it’s His. Trusting Jesus means having Faith in something you can’t see about something you don’t really know because of a condition you can’t control. Faith therefore begins where human reasoning ends.
This is the healing mind that we need toward each other. His mind!
What was His mind like?
1) Unconditional acceptance- Christ Loved All even before they were healed or changed.
2) Non-judgmental- Isn’t it interesting that the only group He passed judgment on was the “teachers of the law.”
3) Unending Love- He didn’t hang on the cross for His health- He did it because of His Love for our health.
4) Endurance that never ended- He kissed the man who would betray Him!
5) Forgiving- On the cross He said, “Father forgive them for they know not what they do.”
Here is a meditation for you. Find a time and a place where you probably won’t be disturbed and start by taking several deep breaths. With each out breath give Him more of what it is that causes you stress. Try to get a picture of Jesus with Love in His eyes just looking at you. What kind of mind would Love like He did? While you answer that:
Breathe in and say:
“God give me”
Breathe out and say:
“The mind of Christ”
Practice this till everyone you can think you Love!